Jeans for Real People DVD
Featuring Marta Alto with Pati Palmer
Pati Palmer, McCall's Fit Expert, has been designing jeans patterns for McCall's since the 1980s. Marta Alto has perfected sewing jeans details. Together they show you how to achieve the look and fit you want, beginning with the right size pattern. Learn the latest way to tissue-fit your jeans pattern: first tissue-fit like any pant, then give it the “jeans fit” in fabric--all before you do any sewing. See jeans in many fabrics (Marta's favorite: all-bias jeans!) and learn about fabric selection and preshrinking, notions needed, and topstitching threads. Watch Marta sew a pair of jeans from start to finish, including jeans details and how they go together, plus seam options--flat-felled or mock flat-felled. Whether your figure type is full, petite, or curvy, you'll see how to fit YOUR body.
Here's what you'll see and learn:
- Tissue-Fit the Jeans Pattern
- First Fabric Fitting—Get the "Jeans Fit" Before Sewing
- Front Pockets
- Fly Front Zipper
- Back Patch Pockets and Yoke
- Second Fabric Fitting for Crotch Fit
- Topstitching Inseams and Crotch Seam
- Finishing Details: Waistband, Hem, and Belt Carriers, Button, Buttonhole, and Rivets
- Marta’s Jeans in Many Fabrics
- Most Common Jeans Alterations Summary
- Fitting Amanda—A Young and Petite Figure
- Fitting Heather—Full Hips, Small Waist
3-Hour, 2-DVD Set.
Take a private sewing lesson with Pati Palmer or Marta Alto right in the privacy of your own home! Both Pati and Marta have been teaching the art of fitting and sewing since the early '70s, and have a faithful following around the world. Just pop in one of these fabulous DVDs and follow along as they share more than 30 years of construction and alteration experience.
Shipping and handling for Palmer/Pletsch DVDs: 1 to 3—$5.00; 4 to 6—$7.00; 7 to 10—$9.00.